As of August 16th 2021
Technology Transfer LLC (TTL) respects your privacy and treats the information you provide us, including your Personal Information, with care. This Privacy Statement applies to how TTL collects and uses Personal Information from visitors to www.technologytransferllc.com (our "Site") or in the course of our business (our “Services”). It explains how we collect, use, and disclose information collected from you and the rights and choices available to you.
Personal and Other Information:
Through your interaction and use of our Site or Services, TTL may collect "Personal Information," which is information that identifies or relates to an individual. As examples, Personal Information may include your name, physical address, telephone number, e-mail address, emergency contact details, company affiliation, and associated interests.
TTL may also collect "Other Information" through your interaction with and use of the Site. As examples, Other Information may include browser and device information, data collected through automated electronic interactions, application usage data, demographic information, geographic or geo-location information, and statistical or aggregated data.
Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but it may be derived from Personal Information. For example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of users in a particular zip code.
In some instances, we may combine other information with Personal Information. In such cases, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
Information You Provide to Us:
If you provide Personal Information through our Site using our online contact forms, we store the Personal Information you provide to assist us in responding to your requests.
If you apply for a job at TTL, the Personal Information we receive from you is used for employment consideration and other human resource purposes, such as communicating with you in writing, by telephone, or online; evaluating your application; analyzing our staffing needs and practices; or supporting other actions related to our hiring process and employee administration. We may combine your data with research tools and information from other sources. Unless you request otherwise, we may keep your Personal Information for future consideration. If you provide Personal Information through links to third party websites, you may be asked to provide additional information by these websites.
Information We Collect by Automated Tools:
Cookies are small pieces of data or data files that are sent by a website to your web browser and stored on your computer. They are used to understand general traffic patterns on our Site. The Other Information stored in the cookie is used for statistical tracking and other purposes, but not for individual identification. Cookies are also used to prefill forms so that you do not need to re-enter the data, such as when you apply for a job online. We may use the aggregated data to provide feedback to our web designers, content providers, or business managers to assist them in improving our Site and services offered.
Additionally, our web servers may log Other Information such as your device type, operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. We may also record Other Information such as the address of the webpage that referred you to our Site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to our Site. Additionally, we may log Other Information about your interaction with our Site, such as pages you visit.
We may also use third party web analytics to help us analyze how users engage with our Site. The Other Information collected will be disclosed to, or collected by, these third party service providers.
How We Use Your Personal Information:
In accordance with applicable laws, TTL may use your Personal and Other Information for the purposes listed below:
- to send you information you requested or "opted-in" to receive
- to contact you in the event of an emergency
- to evaluate your qualifications for employment and contact you, as appropriate, for employment opportunities
- to support human resource functions including employee administration and analysis of hiring and recruitment processes
- to submit bids for proposals and contracts from governmental or private entities
- to identify, prevent, and protect against cybersecurity and other security events, espionage, fraud, unlawful activity, claims, and other liabilities, and to maintain the safety and security of our Site, products, technology assets, and business
- to comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements and standards consistent with industry practices and our policies
- to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Site, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business
- for testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Site, products, and services
- as described to you when collecting your Personal Information
- to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as an ongoing concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our users is among the assets transferred.
Information We Share:
TTL may disclose Personal or Other Information for the purposes listed below:
- if required by law or through a legal process
- when we submit bids for proposals and contracts from governmental or private entities
- when formally requested by law enforcement authorities or other government entities
- when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent harm or financial loss
- in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual espionage, cybersecurity or security events, or other fraudulent or illegal activity
- any other legal purpose
We also share your information with our service providers in accordance with written contracts requiring our service providers to keep the information confidential.
We may also transfer Personal Information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business and assets.
Privacy of Children:
TTL does not knowingly collect or use any Personal Information from children under the age of 13 on the Site. We do not knowingly allow children to communicate with us or use any of our online services. If you are a parent and have become aware that your child has provided us with information, please contact us as provided below.
How We Protect Personal Information:
While TTL is committed to protecting your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot fully eliminate all security risks. TTL maintains safeguards to protect Personal Information, but no Internet system can be 100% secure.
Changes to Privacy Statement:
Links to Other Websites:
This Privacy Statement applies only to our Site. You should be aware that through links you may be directed to other websites that we do not control. TTL has no control over the privacy notices, policies or practices of these other websites, and is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of websites to which we link, list, rank or identify by means of a search. TTL takes no responsibility for the products, services, policies, or actions of third parties or the content of third party websites. When you leave our Site and go to a third party website, we encourage you to read the privacy policies and other notices posted.
Your Rights and Choices:
At our Site, you can sign up to receive TTL Email Alerts for information that interests you, such as the latest TTL news and publications. We offer "opt-in" lists so you can sign up and sign off at any time. To unsubscribe, simply reply to the email address on the bottom of every email we send you.