Top 5 Things That Can Go Wrong During a Data Center Move
- Communication errors: One of the most common pitfalls during a data center move is miscommunication between the stakeholders involved. It is important to ensure that everyone is on the same page and that any instructions or expectations are clearly communicated.
- Physical risks: Moving a data center involves a lot of physical labor, so there is a risk of injury or damage to equipment. Make sure that the appropriate safety protocols and procedures are in place before starting the move.
- Data loss: To prevent data loss, make sure to back up all important files and documents before the move.
- Network issues: Data center moves can cause network disruptions if not done properly. It is important to test the new network configuration and ensure that all systems and devices are properly connected.
- Overlooking details: A data center move involves a lot of details, so it is easy to overlook something. Make sure to double-check all steps and confirm that everything is in its place before the move is complete.